KENT AND MASTERS S-Series Universal GP Saddle
This saddle offers an alternative to our Compact GP – it has wider, flatter seat and will suit you if you like the feel of ‘more room’ in the seat, or if you are slightly wider in the hips.
All Kent & Masters saddles share the features below. This S-Series Universal GP benefits from superior craftsmanship and hide leather on the seat and knee rolls, plus higher specification design details for a truly luxurious feel and appearance. It also features the following details:
- Full length, generous front gussets.
- A generous panel with a good bearing surface, and wide channel for spine clearance.
- Standard-wither panel depth for horses with a medium wither profile, and high-wither gusset option for higher wither conformations.
- An alternative seat shape to the Compact GP which makes it a viable option for those who find the neat, compact seat doesn’t suit them.
- Velcro knee blocks under the flap which can be positioned to suit your leg length and position. Ghosted stitching on the knee pad helps it contour neatly around the block and ensures added comfort
- Changeable girthing arrangement which allows saddle stability to be optimized instantly (see girthing options below).
Kent & Masters GP Saddles are fitted with three girth straps (billets), the third one being moveable.
This flexible girthing arrangement allows saddle stability to be optimised instantly.
Begin by girthing in the neutral position using the second and third billet.
(NOTE: This is the same as girthing on the first and third billets on a saddle with a conventional girthing system)
If you find the saddle slips forward, you can use the point (front) strap and the third strap
If the back of the saddle lifts away from the horse’s back, move the third strap onto the floating balance position
NEVER girth using the point strap and first strap. This causes saddle instability and potential discomfort for your horse.